Procedure for Having Official Documentation Submitted

Official documents include transcripts from institutionally accredited or candidate for accreditation institutions, approved under the TESU Transfer Credit Policy and Guidelines; military or corporate training reviewed for college credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) or National CCRS; licenses/certificates or courses reviewed by Thomas Edison State University and listed in the Thomas Edison State University Catalog, and standardized tests and examinations. Documents sent to Thomas Edison State University become the property of the University and will not be re-released in any way at any time.

Documents not included above should be retained by a student until after enrollment for possible submission if prior learning assessment (PLA) is attempted.

  • Transcripts from all institutionally accredited colleges, approved under the TESU Transfer Credit Policy and Guidelines, that were attended must be sent by the college attended directly to the Office of the Registrar at Thomas Edison State University. When requesting a transcript, students should provide their former college with: maiden name or former name, college ID number at that institution, Social Security number, date of birth, years in attendance, and address of Thomas Edison State University. An official transcript from their diploma program in nursing must be submitted by RNs if applying to the BSN degree program.
  • With the exception of official transcripts, all other military documents (i.e, licenses and/or certificates) should be photocopied, certified by a notary public to be a true copy and mailed by the student to:

Thomas Edison State University

Attn: Office of the Registrar

111 W. State St.

Trenton, NJ 08608

Military personnel in the Army, Army National Guard, Army Reserves, Navy, Coast Guard, and Marines should submit a Joint Service Transcript ( Air Force personnel should contact the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) for transcripts (

  • Training programs reviewed and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education’s (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service must be submitted on an ACE Registry transcript. To have an ACE transcript sent to the University, call 866-205-6267 or email
  • Official transcripts for any completed college-level examinations must be mailed to the Office of the Registrar by the organization responsible for the tests.
  • An enrolled student may transfer a maximum of 90 credits from international institutions. Thomas Edison State University does not participate in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Therefore the University does not sponsor foreign national students for F-1 or J-1 visa status.

TESU will not evaluate transcripts from other countries and there is no need to send them to us. The University will accept credit recommendations from a required course-by-course evaluation completed by any of the following agencies:

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
Center for Applied Research, Evaluations & Education, Inc.
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
World Educational Services, Inc. (WES)
SDR Educational Consultants
SpanTran Evaluation Services
Transcript Research

  • All costs associated with the international credit evaluation are the responsibility of the student. The University reserves the right to make its own determination on the amount and type of credit to be awarded based on the evaluations provide by these agencies. Students may select one of the evaluations prepared on their behalf by one of the agencies identified above. There will be no mixing and matching of evaluations. Only courses with a grade of C or better, or “Pass” for pass/fail courses will be accepted in transfer.
  • Students who have other licenses/certificates should submit photocopies, certified by a notary public to be true copies, to the Office of the Registrar. In certain circumstances Thomas Edison State University will accept the certification of a commissioned officer in the United States armed forces in lieu of a notary public’s signature. See for specific instructions if you wish to submit documents certified by a commissioned officer.