Course Withdrawals and Refunds

A withdrawal request must be processed online or be made on the Request for Course Withdrawal Form found in the Course Manual, online at Course Withdrawal Request Form or in a letter addressed to:

Office of the Registrar

Thomas Edison State University

111 W. State St.

Trenton, NJ 08608

Fax: 609-292-1657

Stopping payment on credit cards or checks does not constitute an official withdrawal, nor does it relieve the student from his/her financial obligation to the University. Failure to submit assignments or take examinations does not constitute an official withdrawal, nor does verbal notification to the mentor or to any member of the University staff before the end of the term.

A request for course withdrawal will only be accepted online or in writing and must be submitted before the end of the term. A withdrawal request will not be processed if it is submitted after the course has officially ended. Students will not be permitted to withdraw after an official course extension has ended.

A written withdrawal request must cite the student's course code, course name, and the mentor’s name as well as the student's name and University ID number. The postmark, email or fax date will constitute the official withdrawal date.

Failure to withdraw as stated above will result in the forfeiture of any refund and may result in a failing grade. If a student wishes to withdraw from a degree program at the University, the student must do so in writing to the Office of the Registrar.